To ensure you can carry your kayaks safely atop your car, it is necessary to install a suitable kayak track. Thule is a company known for making some stylish and top quality kayak racks. If any members of your family love kayaking and you all like kayaking together away from home, buy the Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier. You can set this up atop your minivan or SUV and carry 1 to 4 kayaks safely. The vertical kayak carrier has the superb build quality and looks stylish as well.
The Thule 830 Stacker kayak rack is a superb solution for efficiently transporting up to four smaller kayaks (ideally 10’ or shorter) while preserving crossbar space for attachment of other style gear carriers. The 830 Stacker kayak rack can be mounted directly to all Thule crossbar systems (Xsporter truck rack bars requires Xadapt 3 kit sold separately), most aftermarket crossbar systems such as Inno Racks and Yakima/Whispbar, as well as virtually all factory installed crossbars. For increased aerodynamics and a nice clean look, the 830 Stacker uprights fold flat when not in use.
- Attaches directly to all Thule base rack load bars including square, AeroBlade and Thule Xsporter truck racks (with Xadapt 3 long bolt kit sold separately), as well as attaches to most aftermarket crossbars from Inno Racks, Yakima/Whispbar, and virtually all factory roof rack cross bars
- Uprights fold down flat for improved height clearance, better aerodynamics, and a cleaner profile
- Includes one pair of Thule ratcheting Quick Draw tie-downs and one pair of Thule 15 ft. Heavy Duty Load Straps with Buckle Bumpers to secure up to two kayaks loaded on one side of stacker
- Additional load straps and tie downs required for additional boats mounted on other side of stacker for a total carrying capacity of four kayaks
- Thule Racks Lifetime Warranty!
Ideal For Casual And Occasional Kayaking Needs
The Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier is ideal for people who love to indulge in kayaking from time to time. The unit is shipped with fixtures to support 4 kayaks. For loading 4 kayaks at the same time- you will have to buy additional fixtures. The kayaks can weigh up to 75 pounds. It is compatible with a number of Thule rack systems. Some third-party round bars are also supported. The kayak width has to be within 36 inches.
Why Opt For Thule 830 The Stacker (4) Kayak Carrier?
The Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier comes with a number of handy features. These are:
Good Kayak Compatibility
Unless you are into professional-level kayaking and own very large or heavy kayak models, this model will fit your bill. It can be used to hold most recreational, white water, and sea kayaks.
Easy Set Up
This Thule kayak carrier is equipped with universal mounting hardware and so setting it up is simple. This kayak rack comes laden with tool-free installation features. The Stacker foldable assemblies are foolproof and you just need to use the knobs, Lower brackets, and bolts.
Wide Bar Compatibility
This kayak rack can be set up atop most Thule bars and aero wing-shaped crossbars can also be used. It also supports the Yakima Round Bars.
Ease of Usage
The folding design and minimal overhead clearance make using it easy in different situations.
The model has an Aerodynamic design and so you need not worry about wind resistance.
Rugged Build Quality
The build quality of this Kayak rack is top-notch and it has a scratch-resistant outer coating. The steel body is foldable.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
This kayak rack comes with Thule’s Limited lifetime warranty.
Is There Any Drawback?
- While the Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier is versatile, it is not much suited for veteran kayak lovers.
- It is not suited for carrying fiberglass or composite boats.
- The unit comes with the required accessories to load 2 kayaks. To use 4 kayaks at the same time, you need to spend extra and buy more fixtures. These include the ratcheting hooks and extra ropes.
Summing it up
The Thule 830 Stacker Rooftop Kayak Carrier is a quality product and it comes from a brand known for making top-grade vehicle accessories. The rack is best suited for families with a shared penchant for kayaking. The rack accommodates several types of kayaks easily. Set up is uncomplicated though you may need assistance for setting up 4 kayaks atop the car. You also need to buy extra fixtures in that case. Its build quality is good and the aerodynamic styling and foldable design deserve applauds. You will be able to use the rack with most Thule and some third party cross bars without hassles.