Thule Hull-a-Port is basically a Standard fixed (non-folding) J-style kayak rack attaches to virtually all crossbars and securely carries one kayak tilted on its side, taking up less crossbar space than when carried flat, leaving room for an additional kayak carrier or other gear carrier.
Attach the Thule Hull-a-Port J-cradles to just about any aftermarket or factory crossbars and carry a single kayak up to 36” wide and 75 lbs vertically while only taking up about 18” of crossbar space. Adjustable padding cradles and protects your boat while proper tightening of included heavy duty nylon load straps and bow/stern tie down straps will ensure your kayak is safe and secure for the road trip. If you can paddle a kayak, you’ll have no problem with with the quick-mount hardware, which makes installation and removal fast and easy.
You might not be able to fold in half and touch your toes, but this kayak carrier can. A staple in Thule’s roof-mount kayak rack lineup, the Thule Hull-A-Port kayak J cradles keep your boat stable and safe in transit and even fold flat for better clearance and fuel economy when they’re not being used. The wide J-style design makes solo loading and unloading easier than ever without taking up too much space on the cross bars, and the durable steel cradles feature adjustable padding to contour to the shape of your boat. Quick-install mounting hardware makes attaching this carrier to your cross bars a cinch, and it’s compatible with just about any bar style right out of the box, including square, round, aerodynamic, and factory cross bars from Thule, Inno, Yakima, Whispbar, and more. One set of Hullaport Pro kayak mounts carries one kayak, and all tie-down straps are included. Fits kayaks up to 75 pounds and 36” in width.
- Thule Hull-A-Port 835 PRO vertical kayak rack includes two cradles – carries one kayak
- Compatible with all cross bars styles: aerodynamic, factory, round, or square
- J-style design takes up less room on cross bars
- Cradles fold down when not in use for better fuel economy and garage clearance
- Wide-mouth J-cradle shape for easier one-person boat loading
- Steel cradles for strength and durability
- Cradle padding adjusts to best fit and protect your boat
- Easy on and off hardware for simple installation
- Includes all tie-down straps
- Maximum kayak width: 36”
- Maximum kayak weight: 75 lbs.
Arthur G. Moore is a veteran paddler. He has over 10 years of whitewater kayaking experience in his kitty. When he was young, he used to love kayaking in rapid III and rapid IV but as time went on, he decided to concentrate mainly on covering long distances on a standard touring kayak. He is currently working as a senior editor for Kayak Manual.