Other than the paddler, the single largest item that a kayak contains is the paddle and as you have already guessed it correctly, the paddle takes up a lot of real estate in a canoe. Now, if you have a large boat, it will not be such a big issue but people with smaller boats might have to struggle a lot as the paddle itself will eat up a lot of space. Freeing up space on a kayak is easier said than done. Unless you want to invest on a telescoping kayak paddle or collapsible kayak paddle, you will be having a tough time while paddling on choppy water.
Now, the question is – how on earth you can store the kayak paddle so that they don’t get drifted away or end up falling overboard into cold water. The worst thing that can happen to a paddler is losing his paddle. Thankfully, with a heady duty Kayak Paddle Holders and Clips, you will not have to worry about losing your paddles anymore.
Best 8 Kayak Paddle Holders
Affiliate Disclaimer: This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Here we have listed top 8 Kayak paddle holders that money can buy. Check out the pros and cons of each of these paddle holders and then make the right decision –
Secure your precious paddle with heavy-duty YakAttack Rotogrip Paddle Holder. It does not have a fancy design but it gets the job done, which is more important. With YakAttack Rotogrip Paddle Holder at your disposal, you would not have to worry about losing your paddle in the middle of a kayaking trip. Place the paddle between the rollers and it will hold the paddle like a champ.
- Offers great grip.
- Make it super easy to grab the paddle fast.
- The rubber is made from high-quality materials and it will not break down that easily.
- Compatible with almost all types of kayak track systems.
- You need to purchase two YakAttack Rotogrip Paddle Holder to get a firm grip.
Loosco 4 Packs Kayak Paddle Holder is another versatile Kayak Paddle Holder that will keep your paddle safe and secure no matter how bad the weather turns out to be. No matter how long or how heavy the paddle is yours, Loosco Kayak Paddle Holder will provide a good grip. This product comes with a 3 months guarantee.
Paddle Buddy Paddle Holder makes it super easy to snap paddle into it. It bites into your paddle so firmly so that it will not lose its grip even after a hard wipeout. Paddle Buddy Paddle Holder comes handy when you are fly fishing from a kayak or reeling in a giant fish. Basically, it frees up your hand and allows you to do what you want to do aside from paddling for hours. The biggest benefit of using this paddle buddy paddle holder is that it can be attached to any surface you want. All you have to do is to push it down and the suction cup holder will do its job.
- Made in the USA. So, you don’t have to worry about its quality.
- Your paddle will not draft away no matter what.
- RAM Locking Suction Cups
- It can’t be attached to an inflatable SUP.
SAMSFX Kayak Paddle Holder is a no-nonsense paddle holder that does not need any drilling to get it fix on a boat. Adjustable in nature, SAMSFX Kayak Paddle Holder is designed specifically to fit all types of paddles irrespective of its sizes. It is made from high-quality Nylon and this is what adds to its strength and durability. It can be easily hooked on your bungee cord, pad eye or D ring.
Norme 6 Pieces Kayak Paddle Holder is extremely easy to install and the kit has everything that you will ever need to secure your paddle. The kit contains – 3 packs of paddle leashes, 3 packs of kayak paddle clips and other accessories. Since Norme 6 Pieces Kayak Paddle Holder can be attached to a boat without drilling a hole in it, it is ideal for mostly inflatable kayaks.
Made from high-grade plastic, Norme 6 Pieces Kayak Paddle Clip is extremely strong and are corrosion resistant. They will not break apart that easily no matter how roughly you are using them. Made of nylon, the paddle leash can’t be a stretch too far. A new technology code-named – fixed elongation, has been incorporated in the design that does not allow the paddle leash to its elasticity.
- Ideal for freshwater paddling.
- It holds the paddle really tight.
- The sharp corner of the paddle holder can cut through your skins. So, be careful!
YYST Kayak Paddle Holders can easily hold on to a large paddle. Two small screw holes are there to attach YYST Kayak Paddle Holders to your kayak. These vertical mounted YYST Kayak Paddle Holders kit contains 4 pieces which are more than enough to secure two paddles. The best thing about this YYST Kayak Paddle Holder is that when you attach it to the kayak, it will not scratch the paddles thanks to the inclusion of rubber that sits under the screw mount.
YYST Kayak Bungee Paddle Holder is of sturdy construction and it fits your budget precisely. Since it is made from high quality materials, you can be rest assured that it will be in service for years to come. It can be installed very easily. The kit contains – stainless screws, j-hook, eyelets, and bungee cord. Good news is that the bungee cord comes pre-installed.
Yakclips Patented Clip-On Removable Kayak Paddle Holder makes it easy for you free up your hands. Yakclips Patented Clip-On Removable Kayak Paddle Holder is extremely flexible and adjustable in nature. You don’t even have to use any tools to adjust the position of the clip. Yakclips Patented Clip-On Removable Kayak Paddle Holder will definitely make it super easy for you to enter and exit the kayak without facing any problem.
Benefits of Using Kayak Paddle Holders
Paddle holders are a must if you love fly fishing from your kayak. Since you will be holding your fishing line all the time, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to hold onto your paddle all the time. This is the reason why you need to invest in a good quality kayak paddle holder so that you don’t end up losing control over your paddle while jostling with the fish in the middle of a lake or a river.
Paddle holders will prove handy when you have to take the kayak out of the water or get the kayak out of the water. Since you don’t have to hold onto your paddle, you will be able to use both your hands to get the kayak off or to the water easily and effortlessly. The paddle holders will keep your paddle secure throughout the entire transportation process.
It Keeps Your Paddle Safe
One of the main advantages of using kayak paddle holder is that it will keep your paddle safe when you are busy with something else. You can take photos of the surrounding areas without worrying about losing control over the paddle.
Kayak Paddle Holders Buying Guide
If you’re in the market for a new kayak paddle holder, there are a few things you should keep in mind. In this buying guide, we’ll go over some of the different types of paddle holders available and help you choose the right one for your needs. Whether you’re looking for something to keep your paddle steady while fishing or just want an easy way to transport your kayak paddle, we’ve got you covered. So let’s get started!
Types of Kayak Paddle Holders
There are a few different types of kayak paddle holders available on the market, each with its own set of benefits. Let’s take a look at the three most common types:
- Straps: Straps are the most common type of paddle holder and are usually made from elastic or neoprene. They wrap around the paddle shaft and keep it in place. Straps are easy to use and can be attached or detached quickly.
- Clips: Clips are similar to straps, but instead of wrapping around the paddle shaft, they clip onto it using a clamp or magnet. This type of paddle holder is more secure than straps, but can be more difficult to attach and remove.
- Brackets: Brackets are the most secure type of kayak paddle holder, as they attach directly to the kayak itself. This type of paddle holder is great for fishing or other activities where you need your hands free, but can be more difficult to install.
Now that you know the different types of kayak paddle holders available, let’s take a look at some of the factors you should consider when choosing one.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Kayak Paddle Holder
- Type: As we mentioned before, there are three main types of kayak paddle holders available: straps, clips, and brackets. Straps are the most common type and are easy to use, but may not be as secure as other options. Clips are more secure than straps, but can be more difficult to attach and remove. Brackets are the most secure type, but can be more difficult to install.
- Size: Make sure to choose a paddle holder that is the right size for your paddle. It should be large enough to securely hold the paddle shaft, but not so large that it takes up too much space or is difficult to store.
- Material: Paddle holders come in a variety of materials, including plastic, metal, and cloth. Consider what type of material you want your paddle holder to be made out of and how it will weather the elements.
- Price: Kayak paddle holders vary in price depending on the type and quality of the holder. Choose one that fits within your budget without sacrificing quality.
Now that you know what to look for in a kayak paddle holder, let’s take a look at some of our top picks.